Data protection and GDPR: the fundamentals and practicalities
Your invitation to a free breakfast seminar:
Date: Thursday 8 March 2018
Location: Barclays Eaglelab, The Gateway Building, Thames Valley Science Park, Shinfield Campus, Reading, RG2 9LH
The Data Protection Bill will replace the Data Protection 1998 Act to provide a comprehensive legal framework for data protection in the UK. It will be supplemented by the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which come into force on 25 May 2018.
This free seminar gives you:
- an introduction to changes that the new legislation will introduce;
- a general overview of the Data Protection Bill and the GDPR;
- the changes relevant to most organisations;
- an overview of the new principles;
- some of the guidance for implementation from the Information Commissioners Office;
- our own experience of helping organisations implement effective arrangements for compliance.
While the UK remains a member of the EU, all the rights and obligations of EU membership remain in force (accordingly, GDPR comes into force next May). When the UK leaves the EU, the ‘applied’ GDPR will be incorporated into the UK’s domestic law under the European Union (Withdrawal) Bill, currently before Parliament.
Come along and find out how the new legislation may affect your organisation. This seminar is delivered by our senior consultant, Brian Penfold, a certified GDPR practitioner with over 30 years’ experience in risk management, safety, compliance and assurance in highly-regulated environments.
The running order:
8am: Registration and breakfast
8.30am: Presentation from Brian Penfold
9.30am: Coffee break
9.45am: Questions and answers
To book your place:
Email: email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name
- Your job title
- Your organisation name
- Your organisation address
- Your email address
- Your contact telephone number
We will send you an email to confirm your booking.